adjective. ['ˌəˈnænsɝd'] not returned in kind.
- answered (English)
- un- (English)
- on- (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Unanswered
Example sentences of the word unanswered
He came up with the idea after a pile of unanswered letters overwhelmed his desk.
2. Verb, past tense
Others leave questions unanswered.
Quotes containing the word unanswered
1. Life is filled with unanswered questions, but it is the courage to seek those answers that continues to give meaning to life. You can spend your life wallowing in despair, wondering why you were the one who was led towards the road strewn with pain, or you can be grateful that you are strong enough to survive it.
- J.D. Stroube, Caged by Damnation
2. I do know that waiting on God requires the willingness to bear uncertainty, to carry within oneself the unanswered question, lifting the heart to God about it whenever it intrudes upon one’s thoughts. Its easy to talk oneself into a decision that has no permanence – easier sometimes than to wait patiently.
- Elisabeth Elliot, Passion and Purity: Learning to Bring Your Love Life Under Christ's Control
3. At times, it can feel like the loneliest place on Earth, because it’s just us. Alone with our unanswered prayers
- Suzanne Elizabeth Anderson, Waiting with God