Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈtɔrtʃɝɪŋ'] extremely painful.
Rhymes with Torturing
Sentences with torturing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Uncertainty is another reason why your cat may seem to like torturing it's quarry.
Quotes about torturing
1. I have absolutely no pleasure in the stimulants in which I sometimes so madly indulge. It has not been in the pursuit of pleasure that I have periled life and reputation and reason. It has been the desperate attempt to escape from torturing memories, from a sense of insupportable loneliness and a dread of some strange impending doom.
- Edgar Allan Poe
2. Mario, what do you get when you cross an insomniac, an unwilling agnostic and a dyslexic?""I give.""You get someone who stays up all night torturing himself mentally over the question of whether or not there's a dog.
- David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
3. I often fantasize about torturing some of the lazier letters of the alphabet, like C, U, and E, because together they only manage to accomplish as much as the solitary letter Q.
- Jarod Kintz, It Occurred to Me
noun. ['ˈtɔrtʃɝɪŋ'] the deliberate, systematic, or wanton infliction of physical or mental suffering by one or more persons in an attempt to force another person to yield information or to make a confession or for any other reason.
- electric shock
- nail removal
- taking apart
- sleep deprivation
- nail pulling
- judicial torture
- prolonged interrogation
- sensory deprivation
- genital torture
- kia quen