adjective. ['ˈtɪltəd, ˈtɪltɪd'] departing or being caused to depart from the true vertical or horizontal.
Words that Rhyme with Tilted
Example sentences of the word tilted
1. Verb, past participle
Place your feet atop a bench of step so that your body is tilted slightly downwards.
Quotes containing the word tilted
1. Henry turned as if to dart out of the room, then swung around and stared at them, a look of confusion passing over his freckled face, as if he had only now had cause to wonder why Will, Tessa, and Jem might be crouching together in a mostly disused storage room. "What are you three doing in here, anyway?"Will tilted his head to the side and smiled at Henry. "Charades,"he said. "Massive game.
- Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
2. He's still looking in my eyes. Staring me down like he did that dragon, chin tilted and locked. "I'm not the Chosen One,"he says.I meet his gaze and sneer. My arm is a steel band around his waist. "I choose you,"I say. "Simon Snow, I choose you.
- Rainbow Rowell, Carry On
3. Alexander tilted his head and kissed her deeply on the lips. He let go of her hands, and she wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing herself against him. They kissed as if in a fever... they kissed as if the breath were leaving their bodies.
- Paullina Simons, The Bronze Horseman
adjective. (used of noses) turned up at the end.