noun. ['ˈtɔkɝ'] someone who expresses in language; someone who talks (especially someone who delivers a public speech or someone especially garrulous).
- public speaker
- native speaker
- talking head
- expert witness
- -er (English)
- -er (Middle English (1100-1500))
- talk (English)
- talken (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Talker
Example sentences of the word talker
1. Noun, singular or mass
Males are more prone to talk than females, so pick a boy if you want a talker.
Quotes containing the word talker
1. a dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. a man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker.
- Gautama Buddha
2. I am a writer perhaps because I am not a talker.
- Gwendolyn Brooks
3. Bitter your acts, bitter am I,Kindness your deeds, kindness am I,Pleasant and gentle, so you are,Fine honeyed lips and sweet talker.
- Rumi, Love: The Joy That Wounds: The Love Poems of Rumi