Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈswɪŋɪŋ'] changing location by moving back and forth.
Rhymes with Swinging
Sentences with swinging
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
They are mounted on hard mounting bars to keep them from swinging freely and making noise.
Quotes about swinging
1. Must be weird for you, having your mom here.""Weird for me, weird for her, probably weird for you since you had to give up your swinging bachelor pad.""Mrs. Casnoff let me install my heart-shaped Jacuzzi in my new dorm room.""Cal,"I said with mock astonishment, "did you just make a joke?""Maybe.
- Rachel Hawkins, Demonglass
2. Me,"Artemis blurted. "I'm the nut."Artemis could have sworn the squid winked at him before bringing the five-ton chunk of spacecraft swinging down toward the morsel of meat in its blue shell."I'm the nut!"Artemis shouted again, a little hysterically, it must be said.
- Eoin Colfer, The Atlantis Complex
adjective. ['ˈswɪŋɪŋ'] characterized by a buoyant rhythm.
- stay in place