Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈswiːtənɪŋ, ˈswiːtnɪŋ'] an improvement that makes something more agreeable.
Rhymes with Sweetening
Sentences with sweetening
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
So sweetening that morning cup of coffee does not have to add on pounds.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Its sweetening and moistening properties make it a useful ingredient in many types of foods.
Stir in 1/2 cup of a sweetening agent per gallon of liquid.
Quotes about sweetening
1. Romance is the sweetening of the soulWith fragrance offered by the stricken heart.
- Wole Soyinka, The Lion and the Jewel
2. I believe in some blending of hope and sunshine sweetening the worst lots. I believe that this life is not all; neither the beginning nor the end. I believe while I tremble; I trust while I weep.
- Charlotte Brontë, Villette
noun. ['ˈswiːtənɪŋ, ˈswiːtnɪŋ'] something added to foods to make them taste sweeter.
- refined sugar
noun. ['ˈswiːtənɪŋ, ˈswiːtnɪŋ'] the act of adding a sweetener to food.