adverb. ['sɝˈpraɪzɪŋli, səˈpraɪzɪŋli'] in an amazing manner; to everyone's surprise.
Words that Rhyme with Surprisingly
How do you spell surprisingly? Is it surprizingly ?
A common misspelling of surprisingly is surprizingly
Example sentences of the word surprisingly
The job title might seem narrow, but job settings can be surprisingly diverse.
Quotes containing the word surprisingly
1. Professional comedians, surprisingly, have a lack of humor. They're insensitive to the insanity of our times.
- Mort Sahl
2. Memories, even your most precious ones, fade surprisingly quickly. But I don’t go along with that. The memories I value most, I don’t ever see them fading.
- Kazuo Ishiguro, Never Let Me Go
3. Dead, we are revealed in our true dimensions, and they are surprisingly modest.
- Michael Cunningham, The Hours