adverb. ['ˈʃʊrli'] definitely or positively (
sure' is sometimes used informally forsurely').
- sure as shooting
- sure enough
- for certain
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- sure (English)
- sure (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Surely
How do you spell surely? Is it surelly ?
A common misspelling of surely is surelly
Example sentences of the word surely
You need to improve sandy soil slowly but surely, building it up over time.
Quotes containing the word surely
1. As you walk in God's divine wisdom, you will surely begin to see a greater measure of victory and good success in your life.
- Joseph Prince
2. Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.
- George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
3. If we went by the world's definition of who I'm supposed to be because I look weird... 'Well, surely, this guy can't have a productive life, surely, he doesn't have a sense of humor. Surely, he can't love life.' We stereotype people in this world. And so... if the world thinks you're not good enough, it's a lie, you know. Get a second opinion.
- Nick Vujicic