Table of Contents
adverb. ['ˈsɝːtənli'] definitely or positively (
sure' is sometimes used informally forsurely').
- sure as shooting
- sure enough
- for certain
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- certain (English)
- certain (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Certainly
How do you pronounce certainly?
Pronounce certainly as ˈsərtənli.
US - How to pronounce certainly in American English
UK - How to pronounce certainly in British English
How to spell certainly? Is it certianly? Or certainl? Common misspellings are:
Sentences with certainly
If you did screw up, an honest apology to your old boss certainly won't hurt.
Quotes about certainly
1. I certainly didn't say while writing 'Gossip Girl,' 'Oh this is going to be big!' It was really like, 'Oh god, everyone's gong to hate these people! They're so bratty!' But I actually think what is so appealing about them is the humor in them.
- Cecily von Ziegesar
2. The 'Twilight' movies are great in their own right, but they certainly don't have any sense of humor to them.
- Mark Waters
3. Certainly my personality, my sense of humor, my outlook on life was informed by the experiences of my parents and the stories they shared with me.
- Geddy Lee