Table of Contents
Rhymes with Speck
Sentences with speck
1. Noun, singular or mass
Any speck of dust left behind will get into the finish and leave it rough or uneven.
Quotes about speck
1. I realized then that even though I was a tiny speck in an infinite cosmos, a blip on the timeline of eternity, I was not without purpose.
- R.J. Anderson, Ultraviolet
2. Whenever you see flies or insects in a still life—a wilted petal, a black spot on the apple—the painter is giving you a secret message. He’s telling you that living things don’t last—it’s all temporary. Death in life. That’s why they’re called natures mortes. Maybe you don’t see it at first with all the beauty and bloom, the little speck of rot. But if you look closer—there it is.
- Donna Tartt, The Goldfinch
3. That was how it always was with Colleen: No matter how sad she felt, there was always this little bit of hope - like a speck of glitter caught in your eyelash - that never went away, no matter what.
- Lauren Tarshis, Emma Jean Lazarus Fell in Love
noun. ['ˈspɛk'] (nontechnical usage) a tiny piece of anything.
noun. ['ˈspɛk'] a slight but appreciable amount.
verb. ['ˈspɛk'] produce specks in or on.