Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈsuːp'] liquid food especially of meat or fish or vegetable stock often containing pieces of solid food.
- oxtail soup
- Scotch broth
- pepper pot
- eggdrop soup
- Philadelphia pepper pot
- pea soup
- alphabet soup
- mock turtle soup
- split-pea soup
- wonton soup
- green pea soup
- won ton
- lentil soup
- vegetable soup
- chicken soup
- soup du jour
- green turtle soup
- petite marmite
- turtle soup
- potage St. Germain
Rhymes with Soup
How do you pronounce soup?
Pronounce soup as sup.
US - How to pronounce soup in American English
UK - How to pronounce soup in British English
How do you spell soup? Is it suop ?
A common misspelling of soup is suop
Sentences with soup
1. Noun, singular or mass
Chacales is a dish made with a dried white corn that is broken into pieces and made into soup.
Quotes about soup
1. It's high time for the art world to admit that the avant-garde is dead. It was killed by my hero, Andy Warhol, who incorporated into his art all the gaudy commercial imagery of capitalism (like Campbell's soup cans) that most artists had stubbornly scorned.
- Camille Paglia
2. I am the broth of love. Make soup to me.
- Jarod Kintz, Love quotes for the ages. Specifically ages 18-81.
3. An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it makes a better soup.
- H.L. Mencken, A Book of Burlesques
noun. Pacific shark valued for its fins (used by Chinese in soup) and liver (rich in vitamin A).
noun. ['ˈsuːp'] an unfortunate situation.
verb. ['ˈsuːp'] dope (a racehorse).
noun. ['ˈsuːp'] any composition having a consistency suggestive of soup.