verb. ['ˈsɑːb'] weep convulsively.
- ethnic joke
Rhymes with Sob
Sentences with sob
Be up front without making it a sob story.
Quotes about sob
1. I used to watch 'The Waltons' and sob because my family was nothing like that. We had a cruel sense of humor in my family.
- Paula Poundstone
2. And I mean to hear ye groan like that again. And to moan and sob, even though you dinna wish to, for ye canna help it. I mean to make you sigh as though your heart would break, and scream with the wanting, and at last to cry out in my arms, and I shall know that I've served ye well.
- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
3. For this moment, this one moment, we are together. I press you to me. Come, pain, feed on me. Bury your fangs in my flesh. Tear me asunder. I sob, I sob.
- Virginia Woolf, The Waves
noun. insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous.
- mother fucker
- unpleasant person
- disagreeable person
- son of a bitch
noun. ['ˈsɑːb'] convulsive gasp made while weeping.
noun. a dyspneic condition.
- shortness of breath