Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈsliːpɪŋ'] the state of being asleep.
- be active
Rhymes with Sleeping
How do you pronounce sleeping?
Pronounce sleeping as sˈlipɪŋ.
US - How to pronounce sleeping in American English
UK - How to pronounce sleeping in British English
Sentences with sleeping
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Now you can bring your favorite scenery into your sleeping quarters.
The company's bus converts to a sleeper at night, with sleeping accommodations for up to 36 passengers.
3. Noun, singular or mass
Rent foldup chairs or set up blankets and sleeping bags where viewers can cheer their favorite fashion show entrant.
Quotes about sleeping
1. Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.
- Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
2. If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.
- Dalai Lama XIV
3. I find out a lot about myself by sleeping. Dreams, they are who I am when I’m too tired to be me.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
noun. ['ˈsliːpɪŋ'] the suspension of consciousness and decrease in metabolic rate.
- bodily function
- cat sleep
- forty winks
- bodily process
- body process
- short sleep
- sleep talking
adjective. ['ˈsliːpɪŋ'] lying with head on paws as if sleeping.
noun. ['ˈsliːpɪŋ'] quiet and inactive restfulness.