Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈsɪŋɝ'] a person who sings.
- folk singer
- lieder singer
- opera star
- operatic star
- torch singer
- rock star
- passive voice
- active voice
- -er (English)
- -er (Middle English (1100-1500))
- singe (English)
- sengen (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Singer
Sentences with singer
1. Noun, singular or mass
It is known as the solo drum and the lead singer of the three-part conga drum set-up.
Quotes about singer
1. The ability to make somebody feel something: that's art. However you look at it, whether you're an author, a painter, a singer, a rapper, a spoken-word artist - art.
2. I'm not just a big-haired redhead country singer who dresses flamboyantly, has this wicked sense of humor and wears rhinestones.
- Naomi Judd
3. I used to date the lead singer of The Cranberries, but she cheated on me. Turns out she had some turkey on the side.
- Jarod Kintz, It Occurred to Me
noun. a singer of folk songs.
noun. United States inventor of an improved chain-stitch sewing machine (1811-1875).
- Isaac Merrit Singer
noun. United States writer (born in Poland) of Yiddish stories and novels (1904-1991).