Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈʃʌk'] material consisting of seed coverings and small pieces of stem or leaves that have been separated from the seeds.
- plant material
- plant substance
Rhymes with Shuck
Sentences with shuck
1. Noun, singular or mass
Remove the shuck from each ear of corn.
2. Verb, base form
Once you get them home, you have to shuck them to get the meat out of the shell.
3. Verb, past tense
To make the corn, shuck the cobs and remove all the silky strands.
4. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
If you shuck the corn, cut the grilling time in half.
Quotes about shuck
1. You are the shuckiest shuck faced shuck in the world!
- James Dashner, The Maze Runner
2. Awww,"Minho said. "That's almost as sweet as that time she slammed the end of a spear into your shuck face.
- James Dashner, The Death Cure
3. Shuck it,” Minho responded. “I’m tougher than nails. I could still kick your pony-lovin’ butt with twice this pain.” Thomas shrugged. “I do love ponies. Wish I could eat one right now.
- James Dashner, The Scorch Trials
verb. ['ˈʃʌk'] remove the shucks from.
- take away
verb. ['ˈʃʌk'] remove from the shell.
- take away