verb. ['ˈʃrʌg'] raise one's shoulders to indicate indifference or resignation.
Rhymes with Shrug
Sentences with shrug
1. Verb, base form
Make sure not to shrug your shoulders as you complete this exercise.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Measure across the upper body where the shrug will lay.
Return to the start position and repeat the shrug nine times.
4. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
That's especially true if you shrug off proper treatment.
Quotes about shrug
1. After a long pause in which he took the time to blink several times, he asked, "You named your breasts?"I turned my back to him with a shrug. "I named my ovaries, too, but they don't get out as much.
- Darynda Jones, First Grave on the Right
2. You don't have to say I love you to say I love you,"you said with a shrug. "All you have to do is say my name and I know."..."Can't you hear it?"you said. "When you love someone, you say their name different. Like it's safe inside your mouth.
- Jodi Picoult
3. How easy it was to capitalize on a person’s own bent for self-destruction; how simple to nudge them into non-being, then to stand back and shrug and agree that it had been the inevitable result of a chaotic, catastrophic life.
- Robert Galbraith, The Cuckoo's Calling
noun. ['ˈʃrʌg'] a gesture involving the shoulders.