Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈʃæm'] something that is a counterfeit; not what it seems to be.
Rhymes with Sham
Sentences with sham
1. Noun, singular or mass
Leaving enough room for the pillow to fit, sew another seam on the outside of the sham.
Some comforters include sham covers to make coordinating fabrics and colors easy.
Quotes about sham
1. If you cannot learn to love real art, at least learn to hate sham art and reject it.
- William Morris
2. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,it is still a beautiful world.Be cheerful.Strive to be happy.
- Max Ehrmann, Desiderata: A Poem for a Way of Life
3. There is no religion without love, and people may talk as much as they like about their religion, but if it does not teach them to be good and kind to man and beast, it is all a sham.
- Anna Sewell, Black Beauty
noun. a port city and commercial center in northwestern Lebanon on the Mediterranean Sea.
adjective. ['ˈʃæm'] adopted in order to deceive.
noun. ['ˈʃæm'] a person who makes deceitful pretenses.
verb. ['ˈʃæm'] make believe with the intent to deceive.