noun. ['ˈʃeɪdz'] spectacles that are darkened or polarized to protect the eyes from the glare of the sun.
- dark glasses
Rhymes with Shades
Sentences with shades
1. Noun, plural
Two or three different shades can be used for a unique look.
Quotes about shades
1. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in my life. And I am horribly limited.
- Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
2. - "Why don't you like to be touched?"- "Because I'm fifty shades of fucked-up, Anastasia
- E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey
3. With Ricky Gervais, it's all shades of wrong, it's my kind of humor.
- Emily Blunt