noun. ['ˈglæsəz, ˈglæsɪz'] optical instrument consisting of a frame that holds a pair of lenses for correcting defective vision.
- optical instrument
- dark glasses
Rhymes with Glasses
Sentences with glasses
1. Noun, plural
glasses of red wine per day can help raise the amount of healthy HDL cholesterol in your body.
2. Verb, 3rd person singular present
The best way to avoid getting asbestos in your eyes is to wear protective safety glasses 2.
Quotes about glasses
1. I can honestly say I love getting older. Then again, I never put my glasses on before looking in the mirror.
- Cherie Lunghi
2. As the ice melted, we fell in love—slowly. I just wish the ice were in two glasses of vodka, and not surrounding our bodies.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. Stuffed deer heads on walls are bad enough, but it’s worse when you see them wearing dark glasses, having streamers around their necks and a hat on their antlers. Because then you know they were enjoying themselves at a party when they were shot.
- Ellen DeGeneres