Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈsɝːvɪŋ'] an individual quantity of food or drink taken as part of a meal.
- small indefinite amount
- parson's nose
- second joint
- pope's nose
- round of drinks
- white meat
- small indefinite quantity
- stay in place
Rhymes with Serving
Sentences with serving
1. Noun, singular or mass
Put the pheasant breasts on a warm serving platter and cover it with aluminum foil for five minutes.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
Allow the chicken to rest for five minutes before serving.
Quotes about serving
1. In fact, in many ways my mother was quite hippy-dippy, serving macrobiotic food and reading 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.'
- Kristin Scott Thomas
2. We are all serving a life sentence, and good behavior is our only hope for a pardon.
- Douglas Horton
3. Our true friends are those who are with us when the good things happen. They cheer us on and are pleased by our triumphs. False friends only appear at difficult times, with their sad, supportive faces, when, in fact, our suffering is serving to console them for their miserable lives.
- Paulo Coelho, The Zahir
adjective. interested only in yourself.
noun. ['ˈsɝːvɪŋ'] the act of delivering a writ or summons upon someone.
- service of process