Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈsɛnt'] a distinctive odor that is pleasant.
Rhymes with Scent
How do you pronounce scent?
Pronounce scent as sɛnt.
US - How to pronounce scent in American English
UK - How to pronounce scent in British English
Sentences with scent
1. Noun, singular or mass
Do the same with the cat and let the puppy smell the towel with the cat's scent.
Quotes about scent
1. I want to see you.Know your voice.Recognize you when youfirst come 'round the corner.Sense your scent when I come into a room you've just left.Know the lift of your heel,the glide of your foot.Become familiar with the way you purse your lipsthen let them part, just the slightest bit,when I lean in to your spaceand kiss you.I want to know the joy of how you whisper "more
2. If only there could be an invention that bottled up a memory, like scent. And it never faded, and it never got stale. And then, when one wanted it, the bottle could be uncorked, and it would be like living the moment all over again.
- Daphne du Maurier, Rebecca
3. It’s not that we have to quit this life one day, but it’s how many things we have to quit all at once: music, laughter,the physics of falling leaves, automobiles, holding hands,the scent of rain, the concept of subway trains... if only one could leave this life slowly!
- Roman Payne, Rooftop Soliloquy
noun. ['ˈsɛnt'] an odor left in passing by which a person or animal can be traced.
noun. ['ˈsɛnt'] any property detected by the olfactory system.
verb. ['ˈsɛnt'] apply perfume to.
verb. ['ˈsɛnt'] catch the scent of; get wind of.