noun. ['ˈsæŋ'] North American woodland herb similar to and used as substitute for the Chinese ginseng.
- Panax quinquefolius
- genus Panax
- herbaceous plant
- American ginseng
Rhymes with Sang
Sentences with sang
1. Verb, past tense
Shortly after this loss his grandmother passed away, and he sang this song at her memorial service.
King David not only sang and dance when worshiping and praising God; he also played music.
3. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Rather than complain, they sang praises and prayed to God.
4. Noun, singular or mass
Oh say can you see, by the dawn's early light, Harry sang.
Quotes about sang
1. When Nelson Mandela walked free, the world sang with joy. Ever since, South Africa has stood as a beacon of hope for Africa.
- Ban Ki-moon
2. I could still smell her on my fur. It clung to me, a memory of another world.I was drunk with it, with the scent of her. I'd got too close.The smell of summer on her skin, the half-recalled cadence of her voice, the sensation of her fingers on my fur. Every bit of me sang with the memory of her closeness.Too close.I couldn't stay away.
- Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver
3. I know I love her, because when I see her my heart beats like a drum. If she played guitar and sang, we could start a band.
- Jarod Kintz, Love Quotes for the Ages. Specifically Ages 19-91.
noun. great coolness and composure under strain.
- bad weather
- sang-froid (French)