Table of Contents
noun. ['kəmˈpoʊʒɝ'] steadiness of mind under stress.
- bad weather
Rhymes with Composure
How do you pronounce composure?
Pronounce composure as kəmˈpoʊʒər.
US - How to pronounce composure in American English
UK - How to pronounce composure in British English
Sentences with composure
1. Noun, singular or mass
Successful executives, by comparison, handle stress with composure.
Quotes about composure
1. What's this?"he demanded, looking from Clary to his companions, as if they might know what she was doing there."It's a girl,"Jace said,recovering his composure. "Surely you've seen girls before, Alec. Your sister Isabelle is one.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
2. The truly cultured are capable of owning thousands of unread books without losing their composure or their desire for more.
- Gabriel Zaid, So Many Books: Reading and Publishing in an Age of Abundance
3. You honor yourself by acting with dignity and composure.
- Allan Lokos, Patience: The Art of Peaceful Living