noun. ['ˈruːlɝ'] a person who rules or commands.
- Pharaoh of Egypt
- tribal sheik
- grand Turk
- puppet ruler
- Arab chief
- tribal sheikh
- crowned head
- puppet leader
- unemotional person
Words that Rhyme with Ruler
How do you spell ruler? Is it ruller ?
A common misspelling of ruler is ruller
Example sentences of the word ruler
1. Noun, singular or mass
Connect the two dots with a ruler and pencil to form a a straight line.
Quotes containing the word ruler
1. The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.
- Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince
2. Marsh: Our best efforts were never even a mild annoyance to the Lord Ruler."Kelsier: Ah, but being an annoyance is something that I am very good at. In fact, I'm far more than just a 'mild' annoyance--people tell me I can be downright frustrating. Might as well use this talent for the cause of good, eh?
- Brandon Sanderson, Mistborn: The Final Empire
3. I have such a fear of finding another like myself, and such a desire to find one! I am so utterly lonely, but I also have such a fear that my isolation be broken through, and I no longer be the head and ruler of my universe.
- Anaïs Nin, House of Incest
noun. ['ˈruːlɝ'] measuring stick consisting of a strip of wood or metal or plastic with a straight edge that is used for drawing straight lines and measuring lengths.
- measuring rod
- yard measure
- measuring stick
- carpenter's rule
- foot rule