Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈkɑːrpəntɝ'] a woodworker who makes or repairs wooden objects.
Rhymes with Carpenter
Sentences with carpenter
1. Noun, singular or mass
Place the carpenter's square on the three-fourths-inch mark and draw a line down to the four-inch mark.
Quotes about carpenter
1. Read, read, read. Read everything -- trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it. Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the master. Read! You'll absorb it.Then write. If it's good, you'll find out. If it's not, throw it out of the window.
- William Faulkner
2. If I were a carpenter, I would build you a window to my soul. But I would leave that window shut and locked, so that every time you tried to look through it all you would see is your own reflection. You would see that my soul is a reflection of you.
- Colleen Hoover, Point of Retreat
3. My cabinet was made by hand. My applause is also made by hand, and I stood there clapping the whole time the carpenter was making my cabinet.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
verb. ['ˈkɑːrpəntɝ'] work as a carpenter.