noun. ['ˈroʊɪŋ'] the act of rowing as a sport.
Words that Rhyme with Rowing
Example sentences of the word rowing
1. Noun, singular or mass
You can work your muscles at your best and safest when you practice proper form on a rowing machine.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
If you want ripped biceps, you will need to add biceps curls or rowing exercises to your routine.
Quotes containing the word rowing
1. Wild Nights – Wild Nights!Were I with theeWild Nights should beOur luxury!Futile – the winds –To a heart in port –Done with the compass –Done with the chart!Rowing in Eden –Ah, the sea!Might I moor – Tonight –In thee!
- Emily Dickinson, Selected Poems
2. Maybe the future is like rowing for shore. Your only choice is to try or give up.
- Kristen Chandler, Wolves, Boys and Other Things That Might Kill Me