Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈrɪtʃuːəl'] any customary observance or practice.
Rhymes with Ritual
How do you pronounce ritual?
Pronounce ritual as ˈrɪʧuəl.
US - How to pronounce ritual in American English
UK - How to pronounce ritual in British English
Sentences with ritual
The first part of the ceremony involves ritual purification and the bathing of the body.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Christian culture also includes putting dirt on the casket as part of the burial ritual.
Quotes about ritual
1. Bea says that the art of reading is slowly dying, that it's an intimate ritual, that a book is a mirror that offers us only what we already carry inside us, that when we read, we do it with all our heart and mind, and great readers are becoming more scarce by the day.
- Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind
2. I wish we could make out in your bed."Noah sighed. "As do I, but I'm afraid we have ritual burning to conduct.""It's always something.""Isn't it though?
- Michelle Hodkin, The Evolution of Mara Dyer
3. Every reader exists to ensure for a certain book a modest immortality. Reading is, in this sense, a ritual of rebirth.
- Alberto Manguel, The Library at Night
noun. ['ˈrɪtʃuːəl'] the prescribed procedure for conducting religious ceremonies.
noun. ['ˈrɪtʃuːəl'] stereotyped behavior.