Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈrɪb'] support resembling the rib of an animal.
Rhymes with Rib
Sentences with rib
1. Noun, singular or mass
Intercostal muscles are those that connect the rib cage and help hold the chest wall together.
Position the rib side toward you and carve between the bones.
Quotes about rib
1. It's okay,"I said soothingly. "You're just getting your stride back. Once you're up to full power, I'll go crack a rib or something so we can test it."She groaned. "The horrible part is that I don't think you're joking.
- Richelle Mead, Shadow Kiss
2. There is lust and then there is love. They are related, but still very different things. To indulge in one requires little but honeyed speech and a change of clothes; to obtain the other, by contrast, a man must give up his rib. In return, his woman will undo the sin of Eve, and bring him back into Paradise.
- Anne Fortier, Juliet
3. Love is the most precious gift you could ever possibly hope to steal. Some women foolishly do not leave their rib cages locked at night.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book Title is Invisible
noun. ['ˈrɪb'] any of the 12 pairs of curved arches of bone extending from the spine to or toward the sternum in humans (and similar bones in most vertebrates).
- costal cartilage
- true rib
- natural object
noun. ['ˈrɪb'] a riblike supporting or strengthening part of an animal or plant.
- complex body part
- body structure
- bodily structure
verb. ['ˈrɪb'] form vertical ribs by knitting.
verb. ['ˈrɪb'] subject to laughter or ridicule.
- laugh at
- jest at
- make fun
noun. ['ˈrɪb'] cut of meat including one or more ribs.
- cut of meat
- standing rib roast
- rib roast
noun. ['ˈrɪb'] a projecting molding on the underside of a vault or ceiling; may be ornamental or structural.
noun. ['ˈrɪb'] a teasing remark.