Table of Contents
adjective. ['rəˈfaɪnd, rɪˈfaɪnd'] (used of persons and their behavior) cultivated and genteel.
Rhymes with Refined
Sentences with refined
1. Verb, past participle
Old-fashioned rolled oats replace refined white rice in this healthier spin on traditional rice and beans.
This bathroom feels like a refined version of an old-fashioned bathroom.
3. Verb, past tense
Classic or pure olive oil is a mixture of virgin olive oil and refined oil.
Quotes about refined
1. It is wise to apply the oil of refined politeness to the mechanism of friendship.
- Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
2. Wise wretch! with pleasures too refined to please,With too much spirit to be e'er at ease,With too much quickness ever to be taught,With too much thinking to have common thought:You purchase pain with all that joy can give,And die of nothing but a rage to live.
- Alexander Pope, Moral Essays
3. Sometimes success demands a certain refined insanity.
- Isobelle Carmody, The Keeping Place
adjective. ['rəˈfaɪnd, rɪˈfaɪnd'] freed from impurities by processing.
adjective. ['rəˈfaɪnd, rɪˈfaɪnd'] showing a high degree of refinement and the assurance that comes from wide social experience.
adjective. ['rəˈfaɪnd, rɪˈfaɪnd'] suggesting taste, ease, and wealth.
- male aristocrat
- female aristocrat
adjective. ['rəˈfaɪnd, rɪˈfaɪnd'] free from what is tawdry or unbecoming.