Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈkʌltʃɝd'] marked by refinement in taste and manners.
Rhymes with Cultured
How do you pronounce cultured?
Pronounce cultured as ˈkəlʧərd.
US - How to pronounce cultured in American English
UK - How to pronounce cultured in British English
Sentences with cultured
Rinse the cultured stone by spraying it with water from a water hose.
2. Verb, past participle
Many construction workers prefer using cultured granite because it is easily caste to fit any surface.
3. Verb, past tense
A replica of natural stone, cultured stone provides the look of real stone but without the cost.
Quotes about cultured
1. The truly cultured are capable of owning thousands of unread books without losing their composure or their desire for more.
- Gabriel Zaid, So Many Books: Reading and Publishing in an Age of Abundance
2. It is a well known fact that even among highly cultured peoples the belief in animism prevails generally. Even the scholar may kick the chair against which he accidentally stumbles, and derive great satisfaction from thus 'getting even' with the perverse chair.
- Holly Estil Cunningham, An Introduction to Philosophy
3. The Moon The moon's a pearl among the starry gems,more cultured than the rest of them.A blemished diadem of charcoaled nightthat chaperons the sun back to the light.
- Beryl Dov