Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈrɛkənˌsaɪlɪŋ'] tending to reconcile or accommodate; bringing into harmony.
Rhymes with Reconciling
Sentences with reconciling
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Adding the interest earned to the account will aid you in reconciling the account each month.
Quotes about reconciling
1. Science, like life, feeds on its own decay. New facts burst old rules; then newly divined conceptions bind old and new together into a reconciling law.
- William James, The Will to Believe and Other Essays in Popular Philosophy
2. Thus we arrive at the singular conclusion that of all the information passed by our cultural assets it is precisely the elements which might be of the greatest importance to us and which have the task of solving the riddles of the universe and of reconciling us to the sufferings of life -- it is precisely those elements that are the least well authenticated of any.
- Sigmund Freud, The Future of an Illusion