adjective. ['prəˈtɛktɪv'] intended or adapted to afford protection of some kind.
Words that Rhyme with Protective
Example sentences of the word protective
Put on protective gloves and keep them on until the procedure is complete.
2. Noun, singular or mass
It is critical to wear appropriate personal protective gear when performing welding activities.
Quotes containing the word protective
1. Ethan was loyal and funny and protective. When we were little, he was the brother most likely to make me cry—and mostly likely to wipe away my tears.
- Rachel Vincent, Prey
2. If football players wanted to protect their brains from injury they’d wear astronaut helmets. After all, astronauts have massive IQ’s, so wearing their protective headgear seems like a smart choice.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. God takes everyone he loves through a desert. It is his cure for our wandering hearts, restlessly searching for a new Eden... The best gift of the desert is God's presence... The protective love of the Shepherd gives me courage to face the interior journey.
- Paul E. Miller, A Praying Life: Connecting with God in a Distracting World
adjective. ['prəˈtɛktɪv'] showing care.
adjective. ['prəˈtɛktɪv'] (usually followed by `of') solicitously caring or mindful.