adjective. ['prɪˈveɪlɪŋ, priːˈveɪlɪŋ'] most frequent or common.
Words that Rhyme with Prevailing
Example sentences of the word prevailing
The market price of these securities typically moves in the opposite direction of prevailing interest rates.
2. Noun, singular or mass
King John protected the people from prosecution for crimes, unless done so according to the prevailing law.
3. Verb, gerund or present participle
Small businesses have prevailing attitudes that tell you about their workplace culture.
Quotes containing the word prevailing
1. The Kingdom is the love of God prevailing in politics, in business, in government, in media. It is all the impact of the laws of God creating a social environment where the strong help the weak, where those who have give to those who don't. It's a society where relationships are built on love.
- Myles Munroe
2. Relationships are treated like Dixie cups. They are the same. They are disposable. If it does not work, drop it, throw it away, get another.Committed bonds (including marriage) cannot last when this is the prevailing logic. Most of us are unclear about what to do to protect and strengthen caring bonds when our self-centered needs are not being met.
- bell hooks, All About Love: New Visions
3. Prevailing Wins [10w] Truth prevails in private, bullshit in public, integrity in spirit.
- Beryl Dov