noun. ['nuːˈmoʊnjə, nəˈmoʊnjə'] respiratory disease characterized by inflammation of the lung parenchyma (excluding the bronchi) with congestion caused by viruses or bacteria or irritants.
- pneumococcal pneumonia
- pneumocystis pneumonia
- interstitial plasma cell pneumonia
- respiratory illness
- respiratory disorder
- lobar pneumonia
- viral pneumonia
- respiratory disease
- bronchial pneumonia
- πνευμονία (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
- πνεύμων (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
Words that Rhyme with Pneumonia
Example sentences of the word pneumonia
1. Noun, singular or mass
There are several treatments that can give your dog relief from pneumonia symptoms during this time.
Quotes containing the word pneumonia
1. Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.
- Kurt Vonnegut, Bagombo Snuff Box