Table of Contents
noun. ['nuːˈmoʊnjə, nəˈmoʊnjə'] respiratory disease characterized by inflammation of the lung parenchyma (excluding the bronchi) with congestion caused by viruses or bacteria or irritants.
- pneumococcal pneumonia
- pneumocystis pneumonia
- interstitial plasma cell pneumonia
- respiratory illness
- respiratory disorder
- lobar pneumonia
- viral pneumonia
- respiratory disease
- bronchial pneumonia
- πνευμονία (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
- πνεύμων (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
Rhymes with Pneumonia
How do you pronounce pneumonia?
Pronounce pneumonia as nəˈmoʊnjə.
US - How to pronounce pneumonia in American English
UK - How to pronounce pneumonia in British English
Sentences with pneumonia
1. Noun, singular or mass
There are several treatments that can give your dog relief from pneumonia symptoms during this time.
Quotes about pneumonia
1. Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.
- Kurt Vonnegut, Bagombo Snuff Box