adjective. ['ˈpɪrsɪŋ'] having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions.
Words that Rhyme with Piercing
Example sentences of the word piercing
1. Noun, singular or mass
It should still be warm when you apply it to the piercing.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
Make sure that you flip your steak with tongs in order to keep from piercing the meat.
Quotes containing the word piercing
1. The moment our lips met, I knew with pure and piercing certainty that I would have waited for him forever.
- Leigh Bardugo, Shadow and Bone
2. Happiness had never been like this before. Now it came like sun showers, the sun and the rain together. Happiness was happier than it had been - sharp, piercing, and snatched, like a breath while swimming in surf.
- Elizabeth Knox, Dreamhunter
adjective. ['ˈpɪrsɪŋ'] painful as if caused by a sharp instrument.