Table of Contents
noun. ['fəˈzɪʃən'] a licensed medical practitioner.
- resident physician
- doctor-patient relation
- medical practitioner
- house physician
- veterinary surgeon
- medical intern
- operating surgeon
- general practitioner
- medical extern
- medical man
- medical specialist
- primary care physician
- fisicien (Middle English (1100-1500))
- fisicïen (Old French (842-ca. 1400))
Rhymes with Physician
How do you pronounce physician?
Pronounce physician as fəˈzɪʃən.
US - How to pronounce physician in American English
UK - How to pronounce physician in British English
How do you spell physician? Is it physican ?
A common misspelling of physician is physican
Sentences with physician
Should the services of a physician be required, a hospital in Rutland and is just 30 minutes away.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Your physician may prescribe medications to help lower cholesterol or high blood pressure to control the amount of calcification.
Quotes about physician
1. The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore the physician must start from nature, with an open mind.
2. The human body experiences a powerful gravitational pull in the direction of hope. That is why the patient's hopes are the physician's secret weapon. They are the hidden ingredients in any prescription.
- Norman Cousins
3. He is the best physician who is the most ingenious inspirer of hope.
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
noun. assisted suicide where the assistant is a physician.
noun. the right of a physician to refuse to divulge confidential information from a patient without the consent of the patient.