noun. ['ˈpæləs'] a large and stately mansion.
- mansion house
- great hall
Words that Rhyme with Palace
Example sentences of the word palace
1. Noun, singular or mass
The Trianon estates, which open at noon, are almost as famous as the palace itself.
Quotes containing the word palace
1. Success consists in being successful, not in having potential for success. Any wide piece of ground is the potential site of a palace, but there's no palace till it's built.
- Fernando Pessoa
2. You might be poor, your shoes might be broken, but your mind is a palace.
- Frank McCourt, Angela's Ashes
3. I don't care if you danced naked on the roof of the Little Palace with him. I love you, Alina, even the part of you that loved him.
- Leigh Bardugo, Shadow and Bone
noun. ['ˈpæləs'] the governing group of a kingdom.
noun. ['ˈpæləs'] a large ornate exhibition hall.
- exhibition area
noun. ['ˈpæləs'] official residence of an exalted person (as a sovereign).