adjective. ['ˈoʊɪŋ'] owed as a debt.
Rhymes with Owing
How do you pronounce owing?
Pronounce owing as oʊɪŋ.
US - How to pronounce owing in American English
UK - How to pronounce owing in British English
Sentences with owing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
However, you end up owing penalties if you open and contribute to an IRA when you're ineligible.
Quotes about owing
1. You have lost your reason and taken the wrong path. You have taken lies for truth, and hideousness for beauty. You would marvel if, owing to strange events of some sorts, frogs and lizards suddenly grew on apple and orange trees instead of fruit, or if roses began to smell like a sweating horse; so I marvel at you who exchange heaven for earth. I don't want to understand you.
- Anton Chekhov
2. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.
- George Eliot, Middlemarch
3. I die, as I have lived, a free spirit, an Anarchist, owing no allegiance to rulers, heavenly or earthly.
- Voltairine de Cleyre