Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈaʊtˌfɪt'] any cohesive unit such as a military company.
Rhymes with Outfit
Sentences with outfit
1. Verb, base form
You can hire and outfit a cleaning and maintenance staff of your own.
For kitchen activities, tie on a white frilly apron to keep your outfit free of cooking debris.
3. Noun, singular or mass
You select an outfit from your closet and discover it is a wrinkly mess.
Quotes about outfit
1. Do you remember back at the hotel when you promised that if we lived, you’d get dressed up in a nurse’s outfit and give me a sponge bath?"asked Jace."It was Simon who promised you the sponge bath.""As soon as I’m back on my feet, handsome,"said Simon."I knew we should have left you a rat.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
2. If I wasn't even famous or had any success, I would still wake up and put tons of make-up on, and put on a cool outfit. That's always been who I've been my whole life, so that's never gonna change. I love fashion. I love getting dressed up. I love Halloween, too.
- Gwen Stefani
3. Finnick?"I say, "Maybe some pants?"He looks down at his legs as if noticing his outfit for the first time. Then he whips off his hospital gown leaving him in just his underwear. "Why? Do you find this"-- he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose -- "distracting?"I laugh. Boggs looks embarrassed and Finnick looks more like the guy I met at the Quarter Quell
- Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
noun. ['ˈaʊtˌfɪt'] a set of clothing (with accessories).
noun. ['ˈaʊtˌfɪt'] gear consisting of a set of articles or tools for a specified purpose.
verb. ['ˈaʊtˌfɪt'] provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose.