noun. ['ˈɔrgənz'] edible viscera of a butchered animal.
- variety meat
- throat sweetbread
- neck sweetbread
Rhymes with Organs
Sentences with organs
1. Noun, plural
Most of the internal organs will slide out with it.
Quotes about organs
1. The roles of art, morality, religion, political faith, science itself are not to repair organic exhaustion nor to provide sound functioning of the organs. All this supraphysical life is built and expanded not because of the demands of the cosmic environment but because of the demands of the social environment.
- Emile Durkheim
2. Humm humm haaa. Rahmumm humm haaaa,"intoned Opal, finishing her chant. "Peace be inside me, tolerance all around me, forgiveness in my path. Now, Mervall, show me where the filthy human is so that I may feed him his organs.
- Eoin Colfer, The Time Paradox
3. Just as in the body, eye and ear develop as organs of perception, as senses for bodily processes, so does a man develop in himself soul and spiritual organs of perception through which the soul and spiritual worlds are opened to him. For those who do not have such higher senses, these worlds are dark and silent, just as the bodily world is dark and silent for a being without eyes and ears.
- Rudolf Steiner, Theosophy: An Introduction to the Spiritual Processes in Human Life and in the Cosmos