adjective. ['ˈnɑːməˌneɪtəd'] appointed by nomination.
Rhymes with Nominated
Sentences with nominated
1. Verb, past participle
Children are nominated to participate in the program and each receives a gift card for a local department store.
2. Verb, past tense
If the deceased nominated an alternate or successor executor, that individual takes over in your stead.
Quotes about nominated
1. I had a boyfriend who told me I’d never succeed, never be nominated for a Grammy, never have a hit song, and that he hoped I’d fail. I said to him, ‘Someday, when we’re not together, you won’t be able to order a cup of coffee at the fucking deli without hearing or seeing me.
- Lady Gaga
2. In high school I got voted most likely to get voted for something. Even though I was the only one who voted, it still felt terrific being nominated.
- Jarod Kintz, It Occurred to Me
3. There’s nothing more important than literary merit, and that’s why I not only created an award—the Julius Caesar Author of the Year Award—but I nominated myself as the first recipient. You can’t always wait for success to come to you. Sometimes you just have to create it out of nothingness. Just ask the Federal Reserve.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE