noun. ['ˈnaɪtˌfɔl'] the time of day immediately following sunset.
- time of day
Rhymes with Nightfall
Sentences with nightfall
Water aspen trees early in the morning to allow plenty of time for their foliage to dry before nightfall.
Wait until nightfall when temperatures are around 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
Quotes about nightfall
1. Fighting for one's freedom, struggling towards being free, is like struggling to be a poet or a good Christian or a good Jew or a good Muslim or good Zen Buddhist. You work all day long and achieve some kind of level of success by nightfall, go to sleep and wake up the next morning with the job still to be done. So you start all over again.
- Maya Angelou
2. I want morning and noon and nightfall with you. I want your tears, your smiles, your kisses...the smell of your hair, the taste of your skin, the touch of your breath on my face. I want to see you in the final hour of my life...to lie in your arms as I take my last breath.
- Lisa Kleypas, Again the Magic
3. Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's risingI came singing into the sun, sword unsheathing.To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King