Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈmʌtɝɪŋ'] a low continuous indistinct sound; often accompanied by movement of the lips without the production of articulate speech.
Rhymes with Muttering
Sentences with muttering
1. Noun, singular or mass
A little disrespect, such as eye rolling and muttering, is to be expected.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
If your co-workers are still muttering under their breath, it's time to take an ego bath.
Quotes about muttering
1. Is standing by the window muttering about blood something he does all the time?"asked Simon."No,"Jace said. "Sometimes he sits on the couch and does it.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes
2. I want to do it too!"(sitting motionless)Nudge: "Nope, you stand out like a fart in a church."Max: (muttering) "Appropriately enough."Iggy: "What about me?"(stands still)Max: "No, you're visible."Iggy: "Am not!"Max: (throws a pinecone at him) "Could I do that if I wouldn't see you?
- James Patterson, The Final Warning
noun. ['ˈmʌtɝɪŋ'] a complaint uttered in a low and indistinct tone.