noun. ['ˈmaɪk'] device for converting sound waves into electrical energy.
- spike mike
- electro-acoustic transducer
- crystal microphone
- directional microphone
- condenser microphone
Words that Rhyme with Mike
How do you pronounce mike?
Pronounce mike as maɪk.
US - How to pronounce mike in American English
UK - How to pronounce mike in British English
Example sentences of the word mike
1. Verb, base form
Many sound engineers choose not to mike traverse productions at all, since many of these theaters are small.
Quotes containing the word mike
1. Mike nodded. A sombre nod. The nod Napoleon might have given if somebody had met him in 1812 and said, "So, you're back from Moscow, eh?
- P.G. Wodehouse, Mike and Psmith
2. We’re never gonna understand women. They’re way too complex. You’ve got too many variables to consider. PMS, bad hair days, miscellaneous mood swings . . . there’s no way to tell what’s causing their attitude. - Mike
- Susane Colasanti, When It Happens
3. Purple Mike promises to be an intriguing read that will teach anyone who wants to know about the highs and lows of drug addiction. Purple Mike is a legal, natural high. Enjoy reading.
- Sin Mils