noun. ['ˈmɛʒɝɪŋ'] the act or process of assigning numbers to phenomena according to a rule.
- meter reading
- radioactive dating
- quantitative chemical analysis
- mental measurement
- quantitative analysis
- arterial blood gases
Words that Rhyme with Measuring
Example sentences of the word measuring
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Place a piece of metal measuring tape inside the pocket and use tape to close the pocket.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Use a measuring tape to find the dead center of the area where the support beam was in place.
Quotes containing the word measuring
1. When you are measuring life, you are not living it.
- Mitch Albom, The Time Keeper
2. Bite me, Goth princess,” Shane called from the back. “Not literally or anything.”“Maybe you should say that to Michael.”“Not funny, Eve,” Michael said.Eve raised her eyebrows and held her fingers up, measuring off about an inch. “Little bit,” she said.
- Rachel Caine, Ghost Town
3. I believe that anyone can be successful in life, regardless of natural talent or the environment within which we live. This is not based on measuring success by human competitiveness for wealth, possessions, influence, and fame, but adhering to God's standards of truth, justice, humility, service, compassion, forgiveness, and love.
- Jimmy Carter, Our Endangered Values: America's Moral Crisis