noun. ['ˈmɛʒɝmənt'] the act or process of assigning numbers to phenomena according to a rule.
- meter reading
- radioactive dating
- quantitative chemical analysis
- mental measurement
- quantitative analysis
- arterial blood gases
- -ment (English)
- -amentum (Latin)
- measure (English)
- mesure (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Measurement
Example sentences of the word measurement
A return on assets measurement examines how companies are able to use their assets to create profits.
2. Noun, singular or mass
This is ideal for getting the right measurement on the fluid.
Quotes containing the word measurement
1. I don't think about financial success as the measurement of my success.
- Christie Hefner
2. It is impossible to escape the impression that people commonly use false standards of measurement — that they seek power, success and wealth for themselves and admire them in others, and that they underestimate what is of true value in life.
- Sigmund Freud, Civilization and Its Discontents
3. When forever becomes a place...when forever ceases to be just a word… when it ceases to be just a measurement of time…but instead becomes a place where soul mates can dance to the song in their hearts... that is a reflection of true love.
- Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free