adverb. ['ˈmiːnˌwaɪl'] during the intervening time.
- in the meantime
Words that Rhyme with Meanwhile
Example sentences of the word meanwhile
But the compensation, meanwhile, is subject to the claims of company creditors.
Quotes containing the word meanwhile
1. And I'm suppose to sit by while you date boys and fall in love with someone else, get married...?"His voice tightened. "And meanwhile, I'll die a little bit more every day, watching.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Glass
2. And meanwhile time goes about its immemorial work of making everyone look and feel like shit.
- Martin Amis, London Fields
3. I wrote a book. It sucked. I wrote nine more books. They sucked, too. Meanwhile, I read every single thing I could find on publishing and writing, went to conferences, joined professional organizations, hooked up with fellow writers in critique groups, and didn’t give up. Then I wrote one more book.
- Beth Revis
noun. ['ˈmiːnˌwaɪl'] the time between one event, process, or period and another.
- time interval
- open interval