adjective. ['ˈmætʃɪŋ'] being two identical.
- natural object
Words that Rhyme with Matching
Example sentences of the word matching
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Click on the "Details" button below the picture of the matching billiard table.
Find a matching set of pants and shirt.
3. Noun, singular or mass
Select a buttonhole thread in the matching color.
Quotes containing the word matching
1. The system that enables the most people to earn the most success is free enterprise, by matching up people's skills, interests, and abilities. In contrast, redistribution simply spreads money around. Even worse, it attenuates the ability to earn success by perverting economic incentives.
- Arthur C. Brooks
2. Missing a train is only painful if you run after it! Likewise, not matching the idea of success others expect from you is only painful if that’s what you are seeking.
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb, The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable
3. At the age of four, I wanted to be eight. At the age of eight, I wanted to be 16. At the age of 16, when I started driving, I wanted to be a Ferrari. And now, at the age of middle, I want to be Stalin’s mustache and matching armpit hair. But only for personal reasons, not political.
- Jarod Kintz, A Story That Talks about Talking Is Like Chatter to Chattering Teeth, and Every Set of Dentures Can Attest to the Fact That No..
noun. a computer program that looks for text that matches a given text.
- computer programme
- object program
adjective. ['ˈmætʃɪŋ'] intentionally matched.