adverb. ['ˈmeɪnli'] for the most part.
- in the main
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- main (English)
- main (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Mainly
How do you spell mainly? Is it mainley ?
A common misspelling of mainly is mainley
Example sentences of the word mainly
This is mainly because ear buds are partially inserted into the ear.
Quotes containing the word mainly
1. I'm involved in quite a few ministries as a bridge builder, trying to match generous givers and donors to other ministries. Based on my past, I'm also involved in mainly the prison ministry. I go to jails and prisons and share my story, trying to give them some hope.
- Lex Luger
2. Your success depends mainly upon what you think of yourself and whether you believe in yourself.
- William J. H. Boetcker
3. Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals.
- Martin Luther King Jr.