Table of Contents
adverb. ['ˈmeɪnli'] for the most part.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- main (English)
- main (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Mainly
How do you spell mainly? Is it mainley ?
A common misspelling of mainly is mainley
Sentences with mainly
This is mainly because ear buds are partially inserted into the ear.
Quotes about mainly
1. I'm involved in quite a few ministries as a bridge builder, trying to match generous givers and donors to other ministries. Based on my past, I'm also involved in mainly the prison ministry. I go to jails and prisons and share my story, trying to give them some hope.
- Lex Luger
2. Your success depends mainly upon what you think of yourself and whether you believe in yourself.
- William J. H. Boetcker
3. Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals.
- Martin Luther King Jr.