Table of Contents
adverb. ['ˈtʃiːfli'] for the most part.
- in the main
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- chief (English)
Rhymes with Chiefly
How do you pronounce chiefly?
Pronounce chiefly as ˈʧifli.
US - How to pronounce chiefly in American English
UK - How to pronounce chiefly in British English
Sentences with chiefly
1. Noun, singular or mass
The ideal length for the hairstyle will depend chiefly upon the shape of the face.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Publishers are the parties chiefly responsible for making sure a magazine is financially viable.
Quotes about chiefly
1. Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
2. The dupe of friendship, and the fool of love; have I not reason to hate and to despise myself? Indeed I do; and chiefly for not having hated and despised the world enough.
- William Hazlitt
3. She refused to be bored chiefly because she wasn't boring.
- Zelda Fitzgerald, The Collected Writings